Thursday 29 April 2010

Portfolio Surgery...

I had a portfolio with Chris from Elmwood today. It was great to get and idea of what a professional is looking for within my portfolio, and his advice is invaluable. I now feel better quipped to produce a strong portfolio that will correctly represent my design practice.
He was very positive about my work, some of which I was undecided about including in my book, but he said that tailoring my portfolio for the client I am seeing is the best way to work it. So, I am going to work on printing a large quantity of my briefs in a suitable format for my portfolio, and then choose 8-9 pieces for each client I am able see.

Chris also gave me some advice on the way I should order my website; putting the live projects/those I have achieved something with at the top, so that those are the ones that are opened first by those who view the website.

Thank you to Chris, his enthusiasm and positive comments have encouraged my work

No comments:

Post a Comment